5 Reasons to Sell During the Holidays
Here are just 5 reasons the Holidays are a great time to sell your home:
1. Less Competition: Many sellers will pull their homes off the market for the holiday season, leaving less competition for the serious buyers who are continuing their home search. Once we get through the holiday season, more homes will hit the market which will be more competition and possibly less money for your home.
2. Serious Buyers: Although there may be fewer buyers during the holiday season, those buyers that are out there are the most serious and motivated. It's a common myth that buyers do not have enough time to search for a home during the holidays, however many buyers have more time to start their home search due to less demanding work schedules and time off. Many buyers who were on the fence are looking to make a move RIGHT NOW due to the rising interest rates but cannot find the right home.
3. Close in Early Spring: Many sellers worry about moving over the holidays, however you can sell in December but not worry about moving until sometime between January to March. You can relax and enjoy your last holiday season without worrying about your move until after New Years!
4. Holiday Decor: Holiday decor helps to bring out the warmth and coziness of your home! Homes show beautifully when showcased with holiday trappings and holiday scents helping buyers to make an emotional connection with the home. The more attached a buyer feels to your home, the more likely they are to come up to your asking price.
5. Scheduling Showings: Don't worry about the inconvenience of showings during the holiday time. You can schedule the appointments at times that are convenient for you!